Fly Fishing remote frontier destinations is serious fun – Safety First
Be Prepared & and tell at least one person where you are going and when you expect to return
- Gas Up
- Cell Phone/Ham radio/CB
- Maps of area and/or GPS
- First aid Kit
- Proper Clothing For Location and Season
Personal Clothing Items
Performance fabrics are blends of synthetic fibers that repel, wick-away and allow moisture to evaporate quickly. These lightweight advanced garments also block UV and even contain insect repellents.
- Shirt:Long sleeved shirt with ample pockets , or LS shirt with Lt. Wt. Fishing vest.
- Pants:Synthetic fabric pants with Velcro cargo pockets. Zippered pockets a plus. Note: Cotton Jeans are a determent when wet. Cotton holds water and dries slowly
- Coat: Packable Wind/Rain Breaker
- Gloves: Fingerless casting gloves: These prevent sunburned hands and also protect fingers from string damage. Lastly-they can improve grip on gear and fish
- Hat: Wide brimmed hats are a favorite choice of wise fly anglers. The brims deflect flys when casting becomes challenging. Another smart option is wearing a ball cap/Buff Combo.
- Wading- Water Shoes, Hip Boots, Breathable Chest Waders
- Hiking Boots
- Water shoes if boating/tubing
- Snake boots if in Snake Country