Fly Fishing Central Nevada – Direct Gear
- Fly Line
- Fly Leaders
- Fly assortment
- Line Accessories (Weights &Floats)
Indirect Fishing Gear
- Wading Staff
- Fanny Pack Water Bottle Storage
- Small Back Pack
- Landing Net
- Forceps with Hook eye Needle
- Fly Floatant
- Ice Chest
Selection Fly Rod, Reel and Line Weight for central Nevada Angling
- Since most streams, ditches and stocked ponds & lakes have trout in the 10-13 inch class, a 4 wt. Rig is ideal. A 4 Wt. has enough power to land this size fish.
- A weight forward 4 WT floating line and 3 / 4 weight Reel is a good match
- Mono Leader can be straight or tapered: 5 – 9 feet ; from 2-8 LB. test –Fluorocarbon
- For fishing larger impounds (Cave Lake for example), minimum 5 WT rig & 6-12# leader.
- Floating line, sink tip nymph line, or a full sinking line for trolling or casting into deep water.
- An Intermediate sink line will allow retrieves through and over near-shore obstacles; such as rocks, brush possible. You can control the level of the fly during the retrieve. Think Slo-Sink.
- Consider a 6-7 weight rig for larger 4# plus fish. Tahoe and Pyramid Lake come to mind.